LAZARO. Development of caspase-2 inhibitors as a first-in-class therapy for treating non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
Director | Principal Investigator Hepatic Damage and Carcinogenesis Research Group
Liver damage and carcinogenesis
LÁZARO is a collaborative R&D project with companies created to develop caspase-2 inhibitors as a first-in-class therapy for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis.
It is led by Dr. Matías Ávila and is funded by CPP2021-008411 MCIN/AEI/10.13039/ 501100011033 and by the European Union-NextGenerationEU/PRTR. The Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation funds it.
- Convocation: FIMA 2021 MCI - AEI PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS PROJECTS
- Reference: CPP2021-008411
- Start date: February 21, 2022
- End date: February 20, 2025
- Funder: Ministerio de Ciencia e Innovación
- Nature of project: National
- Award year 2022
Need more information?
If you are interested in learning more about our research, please contact us