Cima Universidad de Navarra
FIMA Board of Trustees
The Fundación para la Investigación Médica Aplicada (FIMA) is the titular entity of the Cima Universidad de Navarra. It was established in 1998 and, after five decades of experience in biomedical research, FIMA created the Cima in 2004. The foundation consists of a president and five trustees:
President: Mr. Enrique de Sendagorta.
- Mr. Antonio Catalán
- Mr. Antonio Trueba
- Mr. Javier Olave
Members of the Board of Trustees:
- Mr. Jorge Lucaya (vice-chairman)
- Mr. Igor Errasti (secretary)
- Ms. Paloma Grau (member)
- Mr. Miguel Sanz (member)
- Ms. Isabel Estapé (member)
The Board of Trustees is responsible for appointing the Cima Steering Committee, proposed by the Universidad de Navarra.
The Cima of the Universidad de Navarra is a University Research Institute that depends organically on the Rectorate of the Universidad de Navarra.
The Cima Steering Committee is proposed by the Universidad de Navarra and its appointment corresponds to FIMA. Together with the Rectorate, it is responsible for balancing the budget.
The Scientific Advisory Board is made up of researchers who are program directors in different scientific areas of the Cima and other prestigious researchers.
- Dr. Matías Ávila, codirector of the Solid Tumors Program.
- Dr. Rubén Pío, deputy scientific director and director of the Cancer Division.
- Dr. Felipe Prósper, director of the Regenerative Medicine program and co-director of the Hemato-Oncology Program.
- Dr. Arantxa González Miqueo, director of the Cardiovascular Diseases Program.
- Dr. Cristian Smerdou, director of the Gene Therapy and Regulation of Gene Expression Program.
- Dr. Juan José Lasarte, director of the Immunology and Immunotherapy Program.
- Dr. Antonio Pineda-Lucena, director of the Molecular Therapies Program.
- Dr. Mikel Hernáez, Director of the Computational Biology Program.
- Dr. Carlos Ortiz de Solórzano, Director of the Imaging Platform.
- Dr. Bruno Paiva, Director of the Cytometry Technology Platform.
- Dr. Fernando Lecanda, director of the Adhesion and Metastasis group within the Solid Tumors Program.
- Dr. Ignacio Melero, senior researcher in the Immunology and Immunotherapy Program.
The External Scientific Council is made up of prestigious national and international researchers:
- Margarita Del Val, PhD, Director of the Viral Immunology Unit of CSIC.
- Jean Charles Soria, MD, PhD, Senior Vice Presiden and Head of the Oncology Therapeutic Area of AMGEN.
- Francisco Sánchez Madrid, PhD, Scientific Director of the Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del Hospital de La Princesa.
- Juan Bueren, PhD, Head of the Division of Innovative Therapies in the Hematopoietic System at CIEMAT.
- Ángel Carracedo, MD, PhD, Professor of Genomic Medicine at the University of Santiago de Compostela.
- Miao Chich Tsai, PhD, Scientific Director of the RNA Medicine Program at Stanford University.
- Marcela Maus, MD, PhD, Director of Cellular Immunotherapy at the Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center.
- Jude Samulski, PhD, Director of the Center for Gene Therapy at the University of North Caroline. Founder of Askbio.
Financial Management and Administration
Translation and Innovation Unit