Dr. Mariano Ponz-Sarvisé
Specialist in Medical Oncology
Preferential dedication to the study and treatment of tumors of gastrointestinal origin, more specifically pancreatic and biliary tract cancer.
Degree (2004) and PhD (2011) in Medicine from the University of Navarra. Specialist in Medical Oncology (2009, Clínica Universidad de Navarra).
Subsequently, he completed a postdoctoral stay at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) (Dr. Mien Chie Hung, 2011-2012). After the stay in Houston, TX, he had a second stay as Clinical Fellow at Cold Spring Habor Laboratory (NY, USA) (Dr. Dave Tuveson, 2012-2015). During post-doc he focused on the study of pancreatic adenocarcinoma performing also a stay at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York, USA), focusing also on patients with that pathology, under the supervision of Dr. Kenneth Yu.
In October 2015 he joined the Department of Medical Oncology of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra as a collaborator in the area of Gastrointestinal tumors.
He is part of the Clinical Trials Unit being Principal Investigator in several of them. He has collaborated in multiple research projects both in Spain and abroad.
During his time as Clinical Fellow at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory he worked with Dr. Tuveson developing an organoid model (3D organotypic culture model) for the study of pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
Con la idea de implementar ese modelo en la Universidad de Navarra y tratando de ayudar a los pacientes, en la actualidad co-dirige un grupo de investigación junto al Dr. Silvestre Vicent en el Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada (CIMA) tratando de aplicar ese modelo al estudio de los tumores del páncreas y del resto de tracto gastrointestinal.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Pancreatic and biliary tract cancer.
- Drug development in preclinical and early clinical phases.
- Analysis of biomarkers of response/sensitivity using in vitro, in vivo models and patient-derived samples.
As a researcher
- He has collaborated in more than 20 papers/communications to national and international congresses.
- He has collaborated in the publication of more than 20 articles.
Latest scientific publications
- Signature-driven repurposing of Midostaurin for combination with MEK1/2 and KRASG12C inhibitors in lung cancer Oct 10, 2023 | Magazine: Nature Communications
- Lamc2 Regulates Key Transcriptional and Targetable Effectors to Support Pancreatic Cancer Growth Jan 6, 2023 | Magazine: Clinical Cancer Research