Rocío Sánchez-Carpintero Abad
Co-director of the Department of Pediatrics. Specialist in Pediatrics and Child Neurology.
Graduate (1992) and Doctor (2000) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra. Specialist in Pediatrics by the University of Navarra Clinic. She completed the subspecialty of Child Neurology at the Clinica Universidad de Navarra and the specialization in Child Epilepsy at the Great Ormond Street Hospital in London.
He is a medical specialist in the Department of Pediatrics of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra. Neuropediatrics Unit.
Co-director of the Department of Pediatrics since 2020.
Her main line of research and clinical dedication is child epilepsy and child neuropsy, especially the attention deficit and cognitive problems of children with epilepsy.
She has participated in 10 clinical trials and 7 competitive research projects.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Her main areas of interest are childhood epilepsy and learning disabilities in children with neurological diseases. She directs the Dravet Syndrome Unit in which he treats children with this disease and develops translational research projects aimed at finding a cure.
As an educator
Professor at the School of Medicine of the University of Navarra, accredited by ANECA.
Lecturer in Degree and Master.
Professor in training course of Child Neurology in the accredited Unit of the University of Navarra Clinic.
As a researcher
She has published over 45 scientific articles in national and international journals, as well as 9 book chapters.
She is directing two doctoral theses and has directed a research proficiency.
She has participated as a guest speaker in more than 40 scientific meetings and has participated with more than 180 communications in several meetings and congresses.
- He has received accreditation in Pediatric Neurology by the Spanish Society of Pediatric Neurology and Spanish Association of Pediatrics.
- Since May 2018, member of the Board of the Spanish Society of Pediatric Neurology.
- She received in June 2014 a grant for the following project by the Fundación Mutua Madrileña: Dravet Syndrome: Study of serum markers of cognitive prognosis, epilepsy and response to treatment.
Latest scientific publications
- Abnormal Brain Gamma Oscillations in Response to Auditory Stimulation in Dravet Syndrome Jan 2, 2020 | Magazine: European Journal of Paediatric Neurology
- Epilepsy and neuropsychiatric comorbidities in mice carrying a recurrent Dravet syndrome SCN1A missense mutation Oct 2, 2019 | Magazine: Scientific Reports