Ignacio Melero Bermejo
Specialist in Immunology
Preferential dedication to experimental cancer immunotherapy.
Professor in Immunology.
Graduated (1988) in Medicine from the University of Navarra and a Ph.D. (1994), with an extraordinary doctorate award, from the Autonomous University of Madrid. He specialized in Immunology at the Hospital Universitario de la Princesa (Madrid, 1993). He worked for four years in the research center of the company Bristol Myers-Squib in Seattle (USA).
Co-director of the Immunology and Immunotherapy Service since 2015.
Senior researcher at the Center for Applied Medical Research (CIMA).
Professor of Immunology.
- His lines of research focus on cancer immunology and immunotherapy with a translational approach from experimental models to clinical trials.
- He has conducted more than 40 clinical trials as principal investigator.
- Senior editor of the journal Clinical Cancer Research, scientific editor of Cancer Discovery, associate editor of the journal Frontiers in Immunology, section editor of the Journal for Immunotherapy of Cancer (JITC). He is a member of the Editorial Board Member of the scientific journals Immunotherapy, Autoimmunity, Oncoimmunology, Journal of Translational Medicine, World Journal of Immunology, Cancer Immunology Research and Cancer Research.
- Member of the external advisory board of the Curie Institute (Paris), Gustave Roussy Institute, Biomedical Research Institute of Granada and Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI).
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy
- Biological Cancer Therapy
- Monoclonal antibody clinical trials
- Cellular Immunotherapy
- Gene therapy
As an educator
- Professor (Full Professor) of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Navarra.
- Professor of Immunology by competitive examination since 2004.
- He has given numerous lectures, courses and seminars at national and international level.
As a researcher
He has written over 180 articles in national and international scientific journals.
Author and co-author of 12 chapters of books in the specialty.
He has presented 65 communications to international congresses and 27 to national ones.
He has published more than 130 research papers.
- En octubre de 2018, nombrado académico correspondiente de la Real Academia Nacional de Medicina de España.
- En julio de 2020, ha recibido el Premio Fundación Francisco Cobos en reconocimiento a su carrera científica.
- Sociedad Española de Inmunología
- American association of Immunologists
- American society of Gene Therapy
- Asociación Española de Terapia Génica
- American Association of Cancer Research
Latest scientific publications
- Intratumoural administration and tumour tissue targeting of cancer immunotherapies May 18, 2021 | Magazine: Nature Reviews. Clinical Oncology
- Advances in immunotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma Apr 13, 2021 | Magazine: Nature Reviews. Gastroenterology & Hepatology