Director of the Neurophysiology Service
Preferred dedication: Intraoperative monitoring in functional surgery.
Graduate (1994) and Doctor (2002) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Navarra.
Specialist in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology.
Director of the Neurophysiology Service of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra.
The main field of research interest is the brain oscillatory activity in relation to physiological motor control and its alterations (movement disorders).
Other fields of interest are the physiology of the auditory pathway and the relationship between oscillatory activity and cognition.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Motor control.
- Movement disorders.
- Evoked potentials.
- Intraoperative neurophysiology.
As an educator
Full professor of the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery of the Faculty of Medicine, accredited by ANECA in 2011, with 3 recognized six years of research.
He teaches at the undergraduate level (Physiology, Neurosciences, Clinical Practice, Clinical Neurophysiology) and at the postgraduate level (Master in Biomedical Research).
He has been a member of the Medical Education Unit and director of the Simulation Center of the Faculty of Medicine, as well as director of three doctoral theses.
As a researcher
Publications: 98 articles in peer-reviewed, indexed scientific journals (more than a third of them in the first quartile). Total impact: 316. H factor: 28. i10 index: 55.
He has been a member of the editorial board of Clinical Neurophysiology and Assistant Editor of Movement Disorders.
He has participated in 9 publicly funded research projects in competitive calls, as principal investigator in four of them.
He has written 7 book chapters and a complete book.
- ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0003-4985-9724
- Reseacher ID: F-5379-2011
- Premio extraordinario de Licenciatura (1994).
- Premio extraordinario de Doctorado (2002).
- Sociedad Española de Neurología.
- Movement Disorders Society.
- Society for Neuroscience.
- Miembro del comité editorial de Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Asistente editorial de Movement Disorders.
Latest scientific publications
- Recombinant porphobilinogen deaminase targeted to the liver corrects enzymopenia in a mouse model of acute intermittent porphyria Jan 12, 2022 | Magazine: Science Translational Medicine
- Effects of dexmedetomidine on subthalamic local field potentials in Parkinson's disease Apr 23, 2021 | Magazine: British Journal of Anaesthesia