She graduated in Biological Sciences from the University of Navarra in 1997. Doctor in Health Sciences by the Public University of Navarra 2001.
Specialized in the development of oncolytic viruses for childhood brain tumors.
She has done research stays at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, USA) and Texas Children's-Baylor (Houston, USA).
Since 2010 she is part of the Department of Pediatrics of the Clínica Universidad de Navarra and of the Solid Tumors Program of Cima Universidad de Navarra.
She has participated in more than 30 research projects, being principal investigator in 22 of them. The competitive projects financed by: European Union (ERC-Consolidator), US Department of Defense, Ministry of Science and Innovation, Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Government of Navarra and private organizations.
She is co-inventor of 2 patents, some of which are in clinical phases for the treatment of brain tumors.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Development of new oncolytic viruses for the treatment of solid pediatric tumors.
- Study of the mechanisms of interaction between oncolytic viruses, the microenvironment and the response to them.
- Development of clinical trials based on oncolytic viruses alone or in combination with different therapeutic strategies for pediatric solid tumors.
- Study of the underlying biology in AT/RTs, PNETs, pediatric gliomas and diffuse midline gliomas.
As an educator
- He has directed 6 doctoral theses, 1 of which was recognized with the Extraordinary Doctoral Award of the University of Navarra.
- He has collaborated in the writing of 4 book chapters.
As a researcher
- He has participated in the publication of more than 60 scientific articles in international journals and in more than 50 communications to national/international congresses.
- Ha obtenido una ‘Consolidator Grant’ por parte del Consejo Europeo de Investigación (ERC).
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO).
Latest scientific publications
- Microglia and astrocyte activation is region-dependent in theα-synuclein mouse model of Parkinson's disease Nov 10, 2022 | Magazine: Glia
- Oncolytic DNX-2401 Virus for Pediatric Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma Jun 30, 2022 | Magazine: New England of Medicine